You are the managerial accountant at Reliable Company. You have been assigned to support the marketing department and manage its master budget. The marketing department is responsible for the following:
- Managing the firm’s marketing
- Hiring subcontractors
- Selling the consulting expertise to smaller outside firms
The department’s expenses are as follows:
- Salaries and benefits of $48,000/month
- Web site operations of $21,000/ month
- Online advertising expenses of $15,000/month
- Miscellaneous expenses of $3,500/month
The sales forecast for its consulting services are as follows:
- April: $190,000
- May: $200,000
- June: $205,000
The department pays a sales commission of 5%, and this is paid in the following month. Subcontractor expenses are estimated at 45% of sales and are paid the month after they are billed. Consulting fees are collected 20% in the month of sale, 70% in the following month, and 10% in the second month following sale.
Develop a master budget for the marketing department.
This task includes the following:
- Completing the attached schedules for a master budget for the marketing department
- Supporting schedules for cash disbursements and collections
Analyze additional needs and resources based on those budgets. Make recommendations based on those budgets.
Respond to the following for this assignment:
- Develop the marketing department’s master budget.
- Prepare a schedule of expected cash collections.
- Make recommendations based on those budgets.
Please click on the following link to access a template to use for this assignment
Using the schedule template provided, complete the marketing department’s master budget and schedule of expected cash collections. In a 4-page report, provide your recommendations to support the marketing master budget. Submit both documents to complete the assignment. Please use APA formatting requirements for the word document.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 5 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com