In this assignment, you will demonstrate what you learned in chapters 1 and 2
- Self Concept: Your image of who you are… strengths, weaknesses, abilities, and limitations.
- Perceived Self: How you see “you.”
- Presenting Self: How you present yourself to others.
Your SELF CONCEPT develops in many ways:
- Looking-glass self: you gain information based on how people (significant others) behave/react toward you.
- Social comparisons: compare yourself to peers, older siblings, etc.
- Cultural teachings: parents, extended family, religious leaders…
- You will speak about your PERCEIVED and PRESENTING selves.
- You will create a poster board that will serve as a cheat sheet and visual aid to visually present, with words, pictures, or both, how you see yourself and how others see you.
- Interview friends, family, and coworkers to find out how you present yourself to them.
- Ask them for words that describe you with examples of why they think this word describes you.
Ex: “organized” because you always know where everything is in your room and you like to help others around you stay organized.
- Put these 5-10 words on one side of your poster.
- Brainstorm for words describing how you see yourself
- Select examples that help illustrate the above words
- Add these words to your Perceived Self side of your poster. You can include pictures to illustrate the traits you placed on the board.
Ex: The word “Studious” with a picture of books or the library. Then you might say “I take my studies seriously and am pursuing a degree in Nursing.”
Just write typical traits of a good 21-year-old girl.
Some words you can use to describe me is: Studious, organized, kind, friendly, impatient, perseverant, enthusiastic, generous, honest, trustworthy, non judge-mental, humble, adventurous, sometimes pessimist.
Explanation & Answer length: 3 pages
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com