Explanation & Answer length: 12 Slides
between the producer and the consumer in the distribution channel. The Internet is a tool that allows both producers and intermediaries to provide the finished product to the consumer. A distribution channel refers to the network of firms used to move products from the manufacturer to the consumer. Supply chain logistics deal with the individual firms in this network of activities. The agents within the channels help make goods accessible to you, the consumer. Sometimes a break in the supply chain, such as a storm that prevents a transport from delivering necessary raw materials to the manufacturer, causes a rift in the distribution channel; for a short period of time, the finished product may be unavailable to consumers. What does that say about the company’s distribution channel strategy?
1. Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
2. Read, review, and check for understanding in the modules:
a. Channel Organization and Management
b. Channel Intermediaries
c. Designing an Effective Channel Strategy.
3. Imagine yourself as a marketing consultant and consider a time when you wanted to buy a certain product but could not find it. In other words, the product has limited availability.
a. What was your reaction? Why?
b. How did the lack of availability affect your perception of the company and of the product? Did it make you want it more, or did it make you frustrated so that you lost interest?
C. As a marketing consultant, speculate on the supply chain and distribution channel strategy that the company was trying to achieve.
4. Now consider a product that is widely available.
a. What is your perception of the product and the company?
b. How is your perception influenced by the ubiquity of the product?
C. Speculate on the distribution strategy and goals for the company.
5. Evaluate the distribution channels of these two products that you just considered in the previous two instructions:
a. As a marketing consultant, compare and contrast the distribution channels of these two products.
b. How did the availability of the products influence your thoughts and attitude toward the product and the company?
C. Speculate as to whether the companies’ distribution strategies have proved effective and served them well. 6. What are your suggestions to improve the distribution strategies of the two products?
a. Prepare a 12-slide PowerPoint presentation, including one slide for the introduction and one slide for references.
b. Include a minimum of two references from the modules and/or media resources linked to this workshop.
8. When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.