A: Prepare a report
Create a report that will guide forensics investigators on how to conduct an investigation. The goal of the report is for an investigator to be able to follow this set of guidelines when conducting an investigation.
Complete the following:
- Determine what this plan is used for (e.g., a computer breech, a network breech, tracing e-mails, computer fraud, hacking a system, etc.).
- Create a list of at least 10–15 steps that should be followed in the investigation.
- Discuss the following:
- Describe the types of data that should be uncovered in the investigation.
- Detail the types of forensics tools that can be used to uncover the data.
- Discuss how that data is to be handled (i.e., collection, identification, transportation, storage, documenting the investigation, and chain of custody.
- Discuss warrants and privacy rights.
- Add a conclusion that discusses a plan to share your investigation with law enforcement.
- A reference page of all references used
B: In a separate word document in 5–6 paragraphs complete the following:
- What tools have you read or heard about that run on Unix or Linux. Do these tools have similar functionality to tools you are familiar with that run on other platforms?
- Do the Unix or Linux tools provide protection against hostile code or viruses?
- If so, how is it used to protect against hostile code or viruses?
- If not, what would you do to supplement the tool to ensure you have adequate protection for your system during an investigation?
- How do you think investigators can best use this tool?
- When do you recommend using this tool? Why?
Explanation & Answer length: 5 pages.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at EssayBell.com